This is not your typical update, in fact it may be my largest update ever for any of my products. Total CMS v1.2 brings in 45 new stacks into the CMS. That is nuts! Most of these new stacks are for powering the revolutionary new Blog.
While the Blog is just getting released to the world today, its already a highly mature product. It has gone through a highly active public beta for the past 6 months. The sites that users are building using the new blog have been blowing me away. These are no longer your typical RapidWeaver sites.
Sites built with Total CMS and Blog can now stand toe-to-toe with any website built with Wordpress. I am even proud to say that Total CMS based sites have replaced at least (that I know of) 3 Wordpress sites out there already. And the clients are in love with them. They are reporting that the admin interface is much easier to use that they ever had with Wordpress.
Total CMS Blog contains all of the features that you would expect to see in a blog.
- Fully customizable blog layouts
- Multiple blogs on a single site
- Search and filter posts by category, tags and author
- RSS Feed generation
- Sitemap.xml generation for SEO
- SEO and Social meta tags are automatically generated for each blog post
- Every blog post can have its own image gallery
- Add images inline with your post content
- The feature list can go on and on…
The blog isn’t the only thing amazing about this update. The rest of the CMS components saw a ton of bug fixes and enhancements as well. Here are some highlights.
- There are now 50 macros that you can use to integrate CMS content inside your favorite 3rd party add-ons.
- New Date Admin stack allows users to control dates. Example: Users can now control the dates used inside the Tardis stack from within the CMS.
- Hipwig has been improved with colors, fullscreen edit, code view, character counter and more.
Last and definitely not least is that Total CMS now has an official API that 3rd party developers can leverage to easily integrate into Total CMS. There have already been some amazing stacks released. Check out the CMS Integrations page for details.
We have already done a bunch of great video around this Total CMS update. Here are a few that you may be interested in watching.