Jack (formerly Styled Stack) has been around for a long time. However, Jack 3 never felt right to me. It was very slow to work with in Stacks Edit Mode. The biggest problem was that I did a poor job at teaching people how to really get the most out of the stack. Because of this Jack 4 is a free update to all existing users!
Well I am happy to say that I think that I fixed all of that with Jack 4. Working with Jack in edit mode is a breeze. The stack was completely rewritten from scratch. To show you all of the amazing things that you can do with Jack, I built an entire demo website purely for showing you all of the things that Jack can accomplish for you.
Jack Product Page: http://joeworkman.net/rapidweaver/stacks/jack
Jack Demo Site: http://preview.joeworkman.net/jack
1. Complete rewrite of Jack!
2. Jack is now exponentially faster to use in Edit Mode
3. All hover effects now require the Jack Hover stack
4. New proportional height options
5. New flexible height options based on either the browser height or parent stack
6. You can now rotate Jack
7. Border opacity for transparent borders
8. Improved background gradients
9. Improved background opacity for all background types
10. Animate your backgrounds! Works best with tiles
11. Completely redone shadows with all of the controls that you could ever dream of
12. New Peek and Raised Corner special shadows
Existing Jack 3 stacks
All existing Jack stacks on your page will continue to function. However, they will not gain any of the new Jack functionality. You will notice that they have been renamed to Jack Legacy. You can still modify them and they will work 100%. When adding new Jack stacks to the page, you will get all of the new awesomeness!
If you do not own Jack yet, I am offering a $5 discount until the end of 2014. Simply use the code “jack4" at checkout.
Since Foundation for RapidWeaver launched back in May, I have been overwhelmed with the reception and feedback from the community. So let me start by saying thank you for all of the amazing reviews and encouragement. I am lucky to have such amazing customers that love my products that I love developing for them.
Today I am happy to announce Foundation for RapidWeaver v1.2. This is by far the largest update that I have ever released. We have been working for 3 months solid to bring you more amazing features and smooth down a ton of wrinkles. Below is a list of the highlights in this update. For a more comprehensive list, make sure to check out the detailed release notes.
See many of these highlights in action at the new Foundation 1.2 sample page
- Theme updated to Foundation 5.4.3 with hundreds of fixes and features.
- No more HTML comments! New meta tags in head
- Orbit animation weirdness have been fixed
- Add dividers between your columns.
- Internationalization support for forms and email
- Top Bar got a major overhaul with custom breakpoints and Magellan integration
- Off Canvas now support multi-level menus
- New Animation stack to nicely animate content onn scroll or page load
- Create Mega Menus with the new Dropdown mega sizing
- New Icon Bar stack to create awesome bar style navigation
- New Switch stack to add iOS-like switches to your forms
You will need to download the updated theme from the Foundation for RapidWeaver Website.
All of the stacks should update through Stacks update. Check out our Update FAQ is you have any questions around that.
Well I am releasing 3 months after my initial estimate but the day has finally come! After 5 months of work and 71 beta releases, I am proud to finally ship Foundation for RapidWeaver.
Foundation for RapidWeaver is a stack based theme that really take the website building experience to the next level.
I leverage the open source Foundation 5 framework from Zurb. It is the world’s most advanced responsive front-end framework. Its mobile first philosophy provides faster websites for all devices. This theme and stacks set brings all of that power directly into RapidWeaver.
- Website: http://foundation.joeworkman.net
- Online Manual: http://docs.joeworkman.net/rapidweaver/stacks/foundation
- Contains over 70 stacks for layout, navigation, content and more.
- Build your own theme with stacks. Make the website that you envision!
- Site Styles is a new awesome way to style your site.
- Global templates allow you to configure supported stack once and have those settings be reflected across all instances of that stack in your project.
- Flexible Navigation allow you to augment the menus with headers, dividers and dividers. You can even define only portions of the menu to be displayed.
- Font Awesome and Animate.css libraries are baked into the theme. Use them anywhere you like!
There is so much that you can do with the Foundation theme, I encourage you to get more info at http://foundation.joeworkman.net.
I want to say thank you to all of the testers that have been using and providing amazing feedback on Foundation over the past few months. Without them, Foundation would not be as awesome as it is today.
Since Foundation is a blank canvas, sometimes its great to have some inspiration. The Foundation website was built 100% with Foundation. When you purchase Foundation, you actually receive the actual project file that was used to build that website.
- http://edithbukovics.com (Wow!)
How much is it?
The Foundation theme is free to download. I did this so that there was zero barrier to making sure that users could easily update the theme. I have even added an interesting feature into the stacks so that it will alert you when there is a theme update.
The Foundation stacks come in three different packs in order to make it more affordable. However, there is a 20% discount when you buy all three packs for $99.95.
Can I use Foundation stacks with other themes?
Can I use my existing stacks inside Foundation?
Absolutely! All of your existing stacks inside Foundation. They should work just like they do in all other themes. Although you won’t get the speed improvements that come with the Foundation stacks.
Can I use non-Stacks pages?
Since you build your theme using Stacks, if you want to use other page plugins, you would need to use something like my Global Content stacks to import the other pages into a Stacks page.
However, I cannot guarantee how other page types will look of function after they are imported. And this is not supported.
Will there be more Foundation stacks?
I have added a 3rd Party add ons directory to the Foundation site. There are already a few add-ons outside of the Foundation packs that have added support for Foundation.
There is even a new WeaverPix theme to create awesome slideshows!
In the future, as I release new and updated stacks, you will start to see Foundation versions of my stacks that I will ship as a free addition to that stack. This way you will get the best of both worlds!
I have already talked to a few other stack developers that are interested in building stacks for Foundation. I am pretty excited about that.
How does Foundation compare to Freestack or Bootsnap?
First off, let me say that both products are great and have been very influential for the community. Also, I have never built a single webpage with either of these products. Without getting too far into a tangent, I don’t like being influenced by other people’s products. I like to build products the way that I envision them. This way I can ensure that they are 100% my own.
What I can say is that the feedback has been amazing from my testers. So let me quote one of them…
"If you want to create modern, responsive sites with RapidWeaver without the use of a theme, we now have three attractive possibilities, of which I consider Foundation for by far the most powerful and advanced solution."