Jack (formerly Styled Stack) has been around for a long time. However, Jack 3 never felt right to me. It was very slow to work with in Stacks Edit Mode. The biggest problem was that I did a poor job at teaching people how to really get the most out of the stack. Because of this Jack 4 is a free update to all existing users!
Well I am happy to say that I think that I fixed all of that with Jack 4. Working with Jack in edit mode is a breeze. The stack was completely rewritten from scratch. To show you all of the amazing things that you can do with Jack, I built an entire demo website purely for showing you all of the things that Jack can accomplish for you.
Jack Product Page: http://joeworkman.net/rapidweaver/stacks/jack
Jack Demo Site: http://preview.joeworkman.net/jack
1. Complete rewrite of Jack!
2. Jack is now exponentially faster to use in Edit Mode
3. All hover effects now require the Jack Hover stack
4. New proportional height options
5. New flexible height options based on either the browser height or parent stack
6. You can now rotate Jack
7. Border opacity for transparent borders
8. Improved background gradients
9. Improved background opacity for all background types
10. Animate your backgrounds! Works best with tiles
11. Completely redone shadows with all of the controls that you could ever dream of
12. New Peek and Raised Corner special shadows
Existing Jack 3 stacks
All existing Jack stacks on your page will continue to function. However, they will not gain any of the new Jack functionality. You will notice that they have been renamed to Jack Legacy. You can still modify them and they will work 100%. When adding new Jack stacks to the page, you will get all of the new awesomeness!
If you do not own Jack yet, I am offering a $5 discount until the end of 2014. Simply use the code “jack4" at checkout.
Since Foundation for RapidWeaver launched back in May, I have been overwhelmed with the reception and feedback from the community. So let me start by saying thank you for all of the amazing reviews and encouragement. I am lucky to have such amazing customers that love my products that I love developing for them.
Today I am happy to announce Foundation for RapidWeaver v1.2. This is by far the largest update that I have ever released. We have been working for 3 months solid to bring you more amazing features and smooth down a ton of wrinkles. Below is a list of the highlights in this update. For a more comprehensive list, make sure to check out the detailed release notes.
See many of these highlights in action at the new Foundation 1.2 sample page
- Theme updated to Foundation 5.4.3 with hundreds of fixes and features.
- No more HTML comments! New meta tags in head
- Orbit animation weirdness have been fixed
- Add dividers between your columns.
- Internationalization support for forms and email
- Top Bar got a major overhaul with custom breakpoints and Magellan integration
- Off Canvas now support multi-level menus
- New Animation stack to nicely animate content onn scroll or page load
- Create Mega Menus with the new Dropdown mega sizing
- New Icon Bar stack to create awesome bar style navigation
- New Switch stack to add iOS-like switches to your forms
You will need to download the updated theme from the Foundation for RapidWeaver Website.
All of the stacks should update through Stacks update. Check out our Update FAQ is you have any questions around that.
With the merger of Pressure Designs, we have launched 8 new stacks on our RapidWeaver store today. Here is a little bit about each one.
Dailymotion.com is an up and coming video sharing site. This stack allows you to easily embed these videos onto your website.
A new Responsive Embed stack was added into this free stack set. It will allow you to easily make most embed codes from your favorite sites responsive.
Glider has been completely revamped from its former self as Slideout. Glider allows you to have off browser content containers that can be opened via a tab or button. This is a very powerful stack.
MagniFont allows you to make the text size within it adjustable via 3 separate buttons. This is a great way to make your content more accessible to a wider audience that could appreciate larger text.
Spider (formerly Creeper) allows you to have content become fixed to the top of the browser as the user scrolls down the page. We have big plans for Spider, so make sure that you keep your eye on this one.
Text Drop is a simple and elegant accordion. Its great for organizing content into sections or for an FAQ.
Vine is Twitter’s new video sharing service. This stack allows you to easily embed Vine videos onto your webpage.
Weather enables you to display real time weather for any location of your choosing, this can be a great resource for your business to show the current weather and a link to the future forecast for your customers to check. This includes two stacks for different style choices.